Just in case there is no 2013, some of these are starting effective immediately, some are effective retroactively, and some will start after my class is over in a week and a half. But in all cases, I think it’s silly to wait until January when I’ve already made up my mind.
But here’s my resolutions:
- Read every night. Something personally interesting. I have a few things in mind, such as Hemingway, and the Bible (which I just started the 1-year plan today so that I have a 1-month buffer), and several books that I’ve started but never finished.
- Take a cross-country ski trip. This is dependent upon snow of course. My snow pants are already laid out.
- Volunteer. Food and shelter, I’m thinking. Second Helpings and Habitat for Humanity.
- Reach goal weight. That’s 28 more pounds, minimum. And wear my fitbit tracker all day every day so that my statistics are actually meaningful.
- Start learning Dutch. Thanks Tom.
That’s five things. I’m very happy to have less than 40, as I did in 2009.
Stay In Touch!
Get occasional letters from Michael & Hannah.