I have about 40 New Years Resolutions this year. That sheer number is illustrative of the amount of discontentment I have with myself at the moment. I figure if I achieve at least 5% of them, it will have been a success.
In no particular order, here are a handful off the top of my head:
- Make life friends. Like real BFFs. Like Nico, Wendy, and Victory.
- Make friends who go on ski trips and hiking trips and road trips
- Come to terms with my spiritual side
- Figure out myself
- Lose like 50 pounds
- Be healthy in food and in exercise
- Track every expense I make
- Go to the doctor and get my 3+ minor surgeries
- Sleep like a normal person
- Organize my life and my work files, and keep it that way
- Learn to cook cool things
- Travel to the West
- Pay off my car loan
- Potentially join the St. Luke’s orchestra, if that’s the church I select
- Read. Other than online. Like books and professional journals.
- Immortal productivity
I’m really excited about all of them. I try, though fallibly, to focus on the parts of my life about which I have the most control. Many of the above resolutions (except of course the ones I desire the most) fit within that realm, so the potential to achieve them is quite positive.
Stay In Touch!
Get occasional letters from Michael & Hannah.